Sunday, December 21, 2014

My day at Arlington in pictures

December 13th, 2014
At the corner of Wilson and Roosevelt Avenue
In Section 37
Down the hill from the Tomb of the Unknowns
Across the way from Arlington House
Directly in the heart of God bless America....




You know, sometimes words fail. Brains too. The last headstone got to me. I did place a wreath there, but because I turned into a total sap when I saw how young he was when he died. I forgot to snap a picture. I would've like to have known Sgt. Paul Hamilton. I've met a few Vietnam vets in my life. I get to live with one. They are hands down some of America's best. And they are not forgotten. Merry Christmas, Paul.

1 comment:

stanalei said...

Thanks for sharing, Irish! Our hearts are grateful, especially at this time of year.